Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pasta Primavera

Tonight I made my own twist on the Poor Girl Eats Well recipe for penne primavera. Absolutely delicious, fairly quick, and I got to feed my roommates before they dashed off to do important scholarly things.

All the cooking steps are the same as the PGEW recipe, but here are my altered ingredients based on what was in the house:
A fistfull of uncooked spaghetti (I'm scientific, I know), then cooked and set aside
3/4 c broccoli florets (cooked in a separate pan, as one of the housemates has an allergy)
1/2 c green peas
1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
8-10 medium white mushrooms, sliced
2 small yellow onions, thinly sliced
2 tomatoes, diced
1/3 c white wine
1 T heavy cream
1/2 t salt
Plenty of freshly ground black pepper
1/2 t dried tarragon
1/2 t dried fennel
1/2 t dried oregano
Grated parmesan cheese, for garnish

No comments: